The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on Wednesday 26 April from 10am until 12 noon. It is followed by a drop-in until 4pm.
This month’s project is a Fabric Origami Star, pictured below:
The requirements list is as follows:
- Small sharp scissors
- Tweezers or fine jewellery pliers
- Small bulldog clip or Clover quilting clip
- Coordinating Sashiko thread or equivalent to sew on as hanging loop
- Needle and thread
- 4 Coordinating cotton fabrics each cut 13” x 3½’’ prepared as follows:
- Fold in half lengthwise and iron. Using spray starch helps to keep the folds crisp.
- Open fold and iron both long sides into middle crease. Close up strip and iron well.
You may want to bring enough strips to make 2 stars. They are very easy when you get the hang of folding the strips.