September 22, 2018 | Posted in:Meetings
The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on 26 September, from 10am-noon, in the CQ room at Cook Community Hub.
The Small Japanese Projects interest group is for members interested in all things Japanese. Each month (or over two months) you will work on a small project, lead by a member of the group.
The meeting begins with a show and tell of what you have made, purchased or done during the previous months. It is always great to hear about your activities.
Our project for this month is a folding project bag. It is only small, 8 1/2 x 8 inches finished but very cute and would be fine for small sashiko or chiku chiku projects as it has enough room for fabric, threads and needles.
If you want to make it bigger it would be very easy.
- 14 1/2 x 24 inches of feature fabric for outside and handle
- 10 x 20 inches of wool felt for inside ( I just used some thin batting and coordinating fabric and it worked fine).
- 4 x 12 inches of fusible web for the handle
- coordinating sewing thread
- Cut one rectangle 8 1/2 x 17 inches from outside fabric
- Cut one rectangle 8 1/2 x 17 inches from wool (or batting and fabric) for inside
- Cut two pieces 6 x 8 inches from feature fabric for the pockets
- Cut one piece 4 x 12 inches from feature fabric and one from fusible web for handles
- If you cut out the pieces at home it will save time.
The meeting is followed by a drop-in until 4pm. The English Paper Piecing (EPP) group meets as part of the drop-in.