The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on 27 March, from 10am-noon, in the CQ room at Cook Community Hub.
The Small Japanese Projects interest group is for members interested in all things Japanese. Each month (or over two months) you will work on a small project, lead by a member of the group.
The meeting begins with a show and tell of what you have made, purchased or done during the previous months. It is always great to hear about your activities.
The project for this month is finishing of the Boro Sewing Caddy started last month, presented by Nat Palaskas.
- Foundation fabric – cut 1 piece, 13”x6” and 1 piece, 23”x7” (plain soft fabric for easy BORO stitching).
- Gather lots of fabric scraps for BORO pieces.
- Lining fabric same size as the foundation pieces above.
- Thread for BORO stitching. Pearle cotton #8 is perfect, but whatever you have on hand is fine.
- Wadding, same size as foundation pieces above.
- Contrasting fabric for tie, 1.5 “x 30”.
- Please cut the 2 foundation pieces (see above measurements) and bring them with you. Bring your sewing kit containing thread for basting, sewing needle, pins and cutting scissors.
- Nat will be doing a demo at the meeting.
The meeting is followed by a drop-in until 4pm. The English Paper Piecing (EPP) group meets as part of the drop-in.