March 25, 2018 | Posted in:Japanese
The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on 28 March, from 10am-noon, in the CQ room at Cook Community Hub.
The Small Japanese Projects interest group is for members interested in all things Japanese. Each month (or over two months) you will work on a small project, lead by a member of the group.
The meeting begins with a show and tell of what you have made, purchased or done during the previous months. It is always great to hear about your activities. If you have finished your fabric and paper beads from last month please make sure you wear or bring them to show.
At this month’s meeting we are going to try our hand at Kumihimo braiding. Convenor Karen has provided a photo of one that she made previously. Some of you will also have done this in the past and have the required disk.
Requirement List for the project is:
- 1 Bead Smith Kumihimo Disc KD600 ( Karen will bring along the ordered ones)
- 2 mm Rattail cord. Beadbarn and Addicted to Fabric have it. This can be made up of either:
- :12 metres of 1 colour for plain braid or
- : 6 metres each of 2 colours or
- : 3 metres each of 4 colours for multi coloured braids.
- 8 plastic drinking straws
- 8 embroidery floss notched storage cards to wrap each cord onto.
- 1 small plastic bag and coins or weights to keep cord taut.
- 50 cm cord or string to hang the bag of weights on.
The meeting is followed by a drop-in until 4pm. The English Paper Piecing (EPP) group meets as part of the drop-in.