The next meeting of the Modern Quilters is this Thursday evening, 11 December, starting at 7.30pm. Here is a message from one of the convenors, Gemma, about the night’s activities:
- As mentioned in last month’s meeting, this will be our last modern group meeting for the year and it would be great to celebrate. To celebrate the end of the year it would be great if you could please bring a plate of something to share for supper.
- For those that would like to participate, we will be doing a Fat Quarter swap. As we are a modern group, it would be great to bring a FQ of something modern. Remember, if you love it, someone else is likely to also. Solids are great for modern quilting so please don’t feel that you need to go out and buy a fancy print or something expensive, it’s OK to shop in your stash. This is just a fun swap in the spirit of Secret Santa. We will put all of the FQs into a container and those participating can pick one out without looking. It should be fun!
- Don’t forget your show and tell!
- I will be demonstrating a QAYG (Quilt As You Go) method that will finish up as either a mini or a cushion. In the spirit of Christmas I’m suggesting that we use a Christmas print as the centre. If you feel like joining in please bring the following materials:
- 24″ square backing fabric
- 22″ square wadding
- A feature Christmas print of any size between 2″ square to around 6″ square (does not need to be square).
- Christmas coloured scraps. This is a great project for using up binding scraps! Or just bring a big handful of Red and Green or Gold scraps. They should be of varying sizes no smaller than your feature fabric.
- sewing machine, thread, rotary cutter and mat, scissors.
I hope that everyone is well and enjoying this busy time of year! I look forward to seeing you this Thursday at the Cook rooms from 7.30pm.