2023 Workshop Calendar
Beginners Patchwork and Quilting – June – September 2023
Canberra Quilters will be running a beginners class commencing on 10 June 2023. Classes will be held atCanberra Quilters rooms in the Cook Community Hub. Each class is held on a Saturday morning from 9.30am – 12.30pm.
There is a total of 8 classes -10th June, 24 June, 22 July, 5 August, 19 August, 9 September, 23 September, and 30 September.
Costs: $150.00 – Canberra Quilters Members $210.00 – Non-members which includes membership of Canberra Quilters.
Students will be supported to complete a small quilt while developing skills in rotary cutting, template making and measuring while making your quilt blocks. Techniques such as foundation piecing, machine construction, machine and hand appliqué and English paper piecing will be used to complete your project. The final three weeks will cover quilt construction, including borders, pinning, hand and machine quilting and two methods of binding.
Rachelle Denneny – 3 and 4 June 2023
Applique Cushion – 1 day class, 3 June – Cost of the class is $120 with $30 deposit and $90 to be paid by 5 May.
Do you love the look of needle turned appliqué, but would like to learn how to do it by machine. This technique is achieved by turning the edges over a semi soluble fusible stabiliser, glue basting then stitching together by machine. Learn to use fussy cutting to make your designs shine. Choice of three different patterns, two Mandala designs and the Floral Cushion.
Permission to Play – 1 day class, 4 June – Cost of the class is $120 with $30 deposit and $90 to be paid by 5 May.
A great introduction to free motion quilting or a way to gain confidence in a fun, no stress, no rules class. Fuse some modern organic free cut applique shapes to a small preprepared quilt sandwich. Learn the basics of free motion quilting while you embellish and fill the shapes and background with lines and simple shapes. Your finished piece can then be used to make a cushion, bag or small wall quilt.
Christine White Workshop 8 and 9 July “Reinventing Loved Fashion”
8 and 9 July $150, $40 deposit with balance to be paid by 17 June 2023
In this two day class Christine will demonstrate how old becomes new again by putting garments and fabrics together to create something new. Features like collars, bands, button closures, and cuffs from old garments can be put to new use. The journey of making something fashion forward from each person’s collection, is a learning process for everyone. Each participant starts collecting items, at less 3, plus some contrasting fabrics, including something striped and something stretch, that all work together. Christine will provide access to some of her classic patterns and show some embellishing techniques to bring the work together.
Gloria Loughman Workshop – 2 and 3 September 2023
Light up your Landscape – Gloria Loughman
2 and 3 September $200, $50 deposit with balance to be paid by 19 August 2023
In this two day class, design principles including perspective and focal point will be outlined and a variety of colour schemes will be displayed and discussed. Participants will then design their own wall hanging working from a photos, sketch or picture. Fusing, invisible machine appliqué, free motion stitching and quilting techniques will be included. This workshop is suitable for new and experienced quilters with patterns and hand dyed and painted fabrics available in class.
Enrolment and payment details for workshops can be found here.
For further information and enrolment details please contact: email@example.com
- Workshops are held by Canberra Quilters to advance member’s skills.
- Financial members of Canberra Quilters receive priority bookings. Non members are welcome to attend if there is a place available but will pay an additional 20% of the workshop fee or 50% of the current membership fee, whichever is the greater.
- Workshops are self-funding and the cost of the teachers, venues and associated costs must be met by the participants.
- A minimum number of participants is required for each workshop to be held. If this number is not reached, the workshop will be cancelled.
- The maximum number of participants is determined by the teacher and the space available to ensure that people can work in comfort and safety.
- Places are allocated on a first in basis. A waiting list is kept by the Workshop Coordinator.
- Workshops are usually held from 10am to 4pm at Our Rooms in the Cook Community Hub.
- Workshops will commence and conclude at the planned times. They will not be delayed for participants who are late.
Booking a Workshop
- Check with the Workshop Coordinator that a place is available.
- Complete a Workshop Enrollment Form with is available on the website and at general meetings.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% must be paid at the time of booking. The deposit for each workshop will be clearly stated in the information provided.
- Your place will be secured with a completed Workshop Enrollment Form is received by the Workshop Coordinator and the Treasurer confirms payment of the deposit.
- A confirmation notice/receipt will be issued.
- A workshop must be fully paid for by the date which is specified in the information about the workshop. Usually this is one month before a workshop is held.
- It is up to you to remember this date. Individual reminders will not be given to participants.
- PLEASE NOTE: If full payment has not been received by the Workshop Coordinator by the due date, you will lose your place to someone on the waiting list and lose your deposit.
- No refunds will be issued unless the workshop is cancelled by the Committee.
- If you are unable to attend a workshop, contact the Workshop Coordinator as there may be people on the waiting list who have priority placement.
- If there is no one on the list you must make your own arrangements to find a substitute. You must make your own financial arrangements with your substitute.
- You must notify the Workshop Coordinator of any changes.
Cancellation of a Workshop
- Workshops may be cancelled due to a variety of factors, for example, insufficient enrollments or illness.
- If a workshop is cancelled at the discretion of the Committee a full refund is given.
Comments are closed.