Here is a message from convenor Wendy, meeting runs from 10am until 12 noon:
It’s hands-on this month. Three demonstrators will show you how to do interesting things with circles, to highlight your Japanese fabrics.
To make folded squares from circles, Anne Laffan asks you to bring
- a 9″ circle & a 6″ wadded square, ie a 6″ fabric square ironed on to a 6″ pellon square. She will bring her little portable iron to help with the demonstration
To make folded hexagon flowers, Edith Buckley asks you to bring
- a circle about 4” diameter
To make a 4.5” (finished size) quilt-as-you-go block, Patricia Butron asks you to bring
- 4 squares, 3 3/4″ (side dimension), can be 4 different fabrics (e.g. 2 dark and 2 light)
- 1 circle 2 3/4″ (diameter), contrasting fabric
- 1 square 4 1/2″ (side dimension) of batting, iron-on pellon works well
Please support our demonstrators by coming well prepared. That will help everyone make interesting things with a minimum of fuss. Sounds like a lot of fun!
See you at our Cook meeting room.