The Small Japanese Projects group next meets in the Canberra Quilters room on Wednesday 24 August from 10am until 12 noon.
The project for the day is a chrysanthemum drawstring bag. Instruction will be provided by member Karen M.
Here is the requirements list, and as instructed at the end you can do some preparation beforehand if you wish.
- 25cm patterned fabric for outside of bag ( can be cotton or silk)
- 25 cm coordinating fabric for lining
- 2 x 40cm light cords, ribbons or sashiko thread for drawstrings
- 4 beads large enough to thread cords through
- Coordinating Sewing threads, needles, pins etc
If everyone wants to do a little before the class they can cut a 9 1/2″ square from both fabrics and sew around them (right sides together) a 1/4″ seam leaving a 1 1/2″ opening. Turn right side out, slip stitch closed and press lightly. The rest will be completed on the day.
This meeting is followed by the drop-in until 4pm, incorporating the Lucy Boston interest group.