Valerie has reminded us that electronic entries are still open for the Crafts Expo at the Royal Canberra Show. All entries must be received by 4pm 10 January 2020.
The maximum quilt size is 240cm, except for the Miniature class.
Don’t just look at the Quilting/ Patchwork classes (categories). You may find something in Sewing (e.g. 806 Fabric carry bag – fashion or utility) or Textile Arts and Millinery (e.g. 905 – any textile item/ mixed media/ wall hanging including techniques such as hand painting, dyeing, printing, stitching, beading), or Miscellaneous Crafts. There is again a theme class, within each section, and for 2020it is – MARKET GARDENS
Categories for 2020 are:-
SPECIAL CHALLENGE OPEN TO ALL
- 750.Any exhibit depicting your interpretation of ‘Market Gardens’ (attach a story of no more than 50 words of your interpretation)
- 751.The Scarecrow Challenge – Any item of quilting or patchwork depicting a scarecrow
BEGINNERS (with less than 2 years experience)
- 752. Any exhibit of Quilting and Patchwork
NON PROFESSIONAL (with more than 2 years experience)
- 753.Traditional Quilt, including those featuring Appliqué
- 754.Miniature Quilt
- 756.Creative Garment and Creative Article
- 757.Art and Mixed Media Quilt
758. 758.Any exhibit of Quilting and Patchwork
SENIOR (Non Professional, 65 Years and over as at 11 January 2020
759. Any Quilt made by entrant
STUDENT (18 Years and under as at 11 January 2020 – Attach Date of Birth to each exhibit)
760 Any exhibit of Quilting and Patchwork made and quilted by student
STUDENT (12 Years and under as at 11 January 2020– Attach Date of Birth to each exhibit)
761. Any exhibit of Quilting and Patchwork made and quilted by student.