The first meeting of the ROWmakers design group is on Wednesday 11 February, 10am for a 10.30 start, until around noon. It is held in the CQ room.
Each year this group forms to explore quilt design using a set menu of colour, technique and alphabet. Each month one colour, one technique and a couple of letters of the alphabet are drawn out. Members then incorporate this into their quilt. The group originally started out making a row quilt each, so each month a row incorporated the items from the menu chosen that month. We quickly learned it is helpful to have a continuity fabric or colour. Or to chose a theme like Japanese or 30s fabric.
This year co-ordinator Joanne has given us an interesting mix for our choices:
COLOUR BY NUMBERS
- Ruby, Cherry, Cardinal, Wine, Tomato, Strawberry, Poppy
- Tangerine, Flame, Carrot, Coral, Apricot, Peach, Salmon
- Sky, Sapphire, Ink, Denim, Cornflower, Navy, Sea
- Grass, Apple, Lime, Emerald, Olive, Bottle, Sage
- Lavender, Lilac, Violet, Plum, Amethyst, Orchid, Berry
- Lemon, Amber, Canary, Gold, Brass, Butter, Honey
- Rose, Blush, Shell, Baby, Carnation, Candy, Fuchsia
- Snow, Chalk, Milk, Ivory, Lily, Frost, Pearl
- Silver, Ash, Steel, Slate, Iron, Charcoal, Smoke
- Ebony, Night, Soot, Pitch, Coal, Jet, Sable
- Chocolate, Copper, Camel, Bronze, Fawn, Chestnut, Coffee
- Turquoise, Aquamarine, Peacock, Jade, Beryl, Teal, Duck Egg
A TOUCH OF SPICE
- RECYCLED/FOUND OBJECTS
- CREATED/MANIPULATED FABRIC
ALPHABET SOUP (or “From ANYTHING-GOES to WHATEVER plus X, Y and Z”)
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
Stay tuned for future posts to see what is chosen each month and how some people are responding. If you can’t come to the meetings you can follow the choices on this blog or sign up for an email bulletin. Email email@example.com be added to the list.
- ROWmakers meeting 11 Feb | Canberra Quilters Inc. - […] an ingredient, one from each list in the attachment – “2015 ROWMAKERS INGREDIENTS” (See post for lists). Not all…