This weekend there is a quilt show in Young, NSW (it is only a couple of hours from Canberra).
It is open from 10 am to 4 pm in the Young Town Hall in Boorowa Street.
CQ member and Young resident, Carmel Price also helps to organise this event. They use our quilt frames to help with the hanging.
As well as the quilts on display, these traders are attending with items for sale:
- Westalee Rulers, Leonie will also show how to use her rulers – the new ones and older ones
- Robynettes, Joy will demonstrate some work with hexagons
- The Quilters Stash (from Murrumburrah)
- Patches of Heaven (from Temora)
- Country Matters (from Cootamundra), Janelle will also demonstrate hand piecing
- Caragabal’sOff road Country Quilting
- ChiatanyaDesigns (from Lake Bathurst, this is member Fiona Hammond) and she will be demonstrating several things – kumihimo braiding, stick weaving, and perhaps some beading techniques.