The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group will be this Wednesday in the CQ room, from 10am until 12 noon.
This month Karen will be showing how to make folded fabric pinecones. Here is the requirements list and some tasks to complete ahead of the meeting:
- 90mm foam egg
- Sequin pins (at least 120)
- White glue that dries clear
- Lid from jar ( to hold small amount of glue)
- Lightweight cotton fabric (works best with pattern that has a bit of movement and different shades and sizes within it).
Foam eggs and sequin pins are in stock at Riot Crafts in the Belconnen Mall
To save time:
- precut approx 60 (not 35 as in previous version of the post) 1 3/4″ fabric squares. Bring some extra fabric just in case you need more.
- Iron the fabric squares in half to make triangles.
This meeting is followed by the drop-in until 4pm, incorporating the Lucy Boston interest group.