July 4, 2013 | Posted in:Member News
Some members of Canberra Quilters are also members of the Quilters Guild of NSW. Congratulations to all who exhibited in the recent quilt show at the Sydney Quilt and Craft Fair.
The following CQ members (listed alphabetically) were awarded places and prizes at that show:
- Joanne Barraclough- 1st place in Traditional 1.2 – Predominantly Machine Quilted, for ‘Big Blue’;
- Lucy Carroll – 1st place in Pictorial Quilt, and Viewers’ Choice, for ‘ Soldier On’;
- Lucy Carroll – 2nd place in Art Quilt for ‘ Bark Life’;
- Pat Godden – Judges Commendation in Commercially Machine Quilted 14.2: Small, for ‘I Never Promised you a Rose Garden’, quilted by Helen Godden;
- Beth Miller – 4th place in Art Quilt for ‘The Rain’;
- Lynda Nikolovski- 2nd place in Traditional 1.2 – Predominantly Machine Quilted, for ‘Snowflake’;
- Elizabeth Rose – 3rd place in Art Quilt for ‘Pathways’
You can view images of these and the other award winning quilts here.