January 2, 2015 | Posted in:Call for Entries
A number of opportunities exist for members to enter competitions and exhibitions scheduled throughout 2015. There have been posts on the CQ blog about them. Here are links so you can look up the details (and perhaps submit an entry):
- AQC Challenge – True Blue Entry deadline 27 February 2015. Link to AQC site.
- Another challenge to be shown at AQC in April is the ‘Lest We Forget Quilt Challenge – 100 years, 100 quilts’. Entry deadline is 6 March 2015. Link to lest we forget site.
- As part of Fibre Fest in May 2015 there is an Art U Wear competition & exhibition with a theme of Iconic Australia. Entry deadline is 10 April 2015. Link to site.
- Dare to Differ is run by the South Australian Quilters Guild. Entries deadline is 10 July 2015. Link for details.
- Evolution, Change, Challenge – A Contemporary Quilt Entry deadline is 24 July 2015. Link to NSW Quilters Guild website.
- History, Her Story is the theme for the Tasmanian Art Quilt Prize, run by the Tasmanian Quilt Guild and the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery. Entry deadline is 31 July 2015. Link to Tasmanian Quilt Guild site.
Image in banner is “Galloping Wild and Free” by member Helen Godden – an entry in a previous AQC challenge. Photography by Sara Magee.