Member Valerie Merritt has advised that electronic and hardcopy entries are being accepted for the Crafts Expo at the Royal Canberra Show. Valerie is the steward for the quilting/ patchwork section. Entry forms are to be submitted by 11 January 2019. The Show runs 22-24 February 2019 at Exhibition Park in Canberra.
The maximum quilt size is 240cm, except for the Miniature class.
Don’t just look at the Quilting/ Patchwork classes (categories). You may find something in Sewing (e.g. 806 Fabric carry bag – fashion or utility) or Textile Arts and Millinery (e.g. 905 – any textile item/ mixed media/ wall hanging including techniques such as hand painting, dyeing, printing, stitching, beading), or Miscellaneous Crafts. There is again a theme class, within each section, for the Crafts Expo – Wonderful Water.
Each subsection within the Crafts Expo caters for many skill levels which may include:
- Beginners (less than 2 years experience in that craft);
- Non-Professional (more than 2 years experience in that craft);
- Professional (those that make a living out of their craft);
- Seniors (non-professional, more than 65 years of age);
- Students (including College, High School and Primary levels);
- Children (not yet at School).
Here is a link to the Crafts Expo page of the Canberra Show site. You will be taken to a page that has a link for the show schedule, and the entry forms.