- Workshops are held by Canberra Quiilters to advance member’s skills.
- Financial members of Canberra Quilters receive priority bookings. Non members are welcome to attend if there is a place available but will pay an additional 20% of the workshop fee or 50% of the current membership fee, whichever is the greater.
- Workshops are self-funding and the cost of the teachers, venues and associated costs must be met by the participants.
- A minimum number of participants is required for each workshop to be held. If this number is not reached, the workshop will be cancelled.
- The maximum number of participants is determined by the teacher and the space available to ensure that people can work in comfort and safety.
- Places are allocated on a first in basis. A waiting list is kept by the Workshop Coordinator.
- Workshops are usually held from 10am to 4pm at Our Rooms in the Cook Community Hub.
- Workshops will commence and conclude at the planned times. They will not be delayed for participants who are late.
Booking a Workshop
- Check with the Workshop Coordinator that a place is available.
- Complete a Workshop Enrollment Form with is available on the website and at general meetings.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% must be paid at the time of booking. The deposit for each workshop will be clearly stated in the information provided.
- Your place will be secured with a completed Workshop Enrollment Form is received by the Workshop Coordinator and the Treasurer confirms payment of the deposit.
- A confirmation notice/receipt will be issued.
- A workshop must be fully paid for by the date which is specified in the information about the workshop. Usually this is one month before a workshop is held.
- It is up to you to remember this date. Individual reminders will not be given to participants.
- PLEASE NOTE: If full payment has not been received by the Workshop Coordinator by the due date, you will lose your place to someone on the waiting list and lose your deposit.
- No refunds will be issued unless the workshop is cancelled by the Committee.
- If you are unable to attend a workshop, contact the Workshop Coordinator as there may be people on the waiting list who have priority placement.
- If there is no one on the list you must make your own arrangements to find a substitute. You must make your own financial arrangements with your substitute.
- You must notify the Workshop Coordinator of any changes.
Cancellation of a Workshop
- Workshops may be cancelled due to a variety of factors, for example, insufficient enrollments or illness.
- If a workshop is cancelled at the discretion of the Committee a full refund is given.