Members are invited to celebrate CANBERRA QUILTERS 40th by entering our Ultimate Quilters Bag Challenge
Entries due by Friday 24 June 2016
Deliver to: Cook Rooms, 41 Templeton Street, Cook
Judging: By members present at the 40th birthday lunch. Criteria for judging are practicality, creativity in design, workmanship.
RSVP to Helen Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Or mail to PO Box 935, Jamison Centre, ACT, 2614
“While thinking about ideas to celebrate the 40 years anniversary of CQ I reflected on the changes and creative development of the sewing bag. Remember in the 70’s and 80’s everyone had a lined sewing basket?
A receptacle for one’s sewing notions and work in progress is a very necessary part of the quilter’s ‘must have’ as the quilter needs to quilt wherever she or he is. – Attending workshops, meetings, retreats, friendship groups, visiting, travelling and so it goes. Over the years I have seen some amazing examples of innovation and imagination.”
- Closing date for entries Friday 24 June 2016.
- Delivery to Cook rooms on 24 June 2016 or by prior arrangement.
- You must be a financial member of Canberra Quilters Inc to enter.
- Entry fee $5
- Your fabric sewing bag must have 3 layers held together with stitching. It must be a practical, functional bag and be creative and innovative. At least two techniques are to be incorporated – piecing, appliqué, embellishment, embroidery, beading, painting, printing, dyeing, fibre manipulation and/or trapunto. It must have a label sewn into the bag with your name, address and phone number.
- Your bag may be an original design or made from a kit or a pattern. You must indicate which of these and acknowledge the pattern or kit maker.
- Entering a bag means you agree that if it is selected it may be displayed at Canberra Quilters Inc 2016 annual exhibition.
- The Committee of Canberra Quilters Inc. reserves the right to photograph your entry for our records and to use those photographs for publicity and other appropriate purposes such as the newsletter, website, electronic catalogue or magazine reviews. Unsolicited reports and reviews containing images may also appear in newspapers, print publications and online. The general public is permitted to photograph the exhibits for personal use.
Entry Form is in the March 2016 issue of Connecting Threads.