October 19, 2018 | Posted in:Japanese
The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on 24 October, from 10am-noon, in the CQ room at Cook Community Hub.
The Small Japanese Projects interest group is for members interested in all things Japanese. Each month (or over two months) you will work on a small project, lead by a member of the group.
The meeting begins with a show and tell of what you have made, purchased or done during the previous months. It is always great to hear about your activities.
Our project for this month (and next) is a small bag or large purse, presented by Yvonne.
- Main fabric- 1 fat quarter of plain or mottled fabric
- Contrast fabric – 1 fat quarter of patterned fabric or a bundle of patterned scraps
- Lining fabric – 1 fat quarter , fabric of your choice
- Batting – 15″ square
- pins, needles, coordinating sewing thread and sharp scissors
Pre Cutting (optional)
- Main fabric: 3 squares x 3 ¼”, 6 squares x 3½” , 8 squares x 2 ¾”
- Contrast fabric: 6 squares x 3 ½”, 8 squares x 2 ¾”
- Bring leftover fabric from this pre-cutting..
The meeting is followed by a drop-in until 4pm. The English Paper Piecing (EPP) group meets as part of the drop-in.