Next meeting is Wednesday. 25 March, starting at 10am.
Here is a message from convenor Wendy:
Karen will show some of the goodies that she brought back from Japan. That is bound to be interesting!
She will also show us how to make a lotus bowl as a small project. It can be hand pieced at the meeting and taken away to finish if necessary.
Everyone will need to bring:
- 1x 7″squares of Japanese fabric, for front
- 1 x 8″square of contrasting fabric for back
- 1 x 7″square of fusible light pelon/ interfacing
- Thread for piecing
- Thread to match back fabric
- Scissors, fabric marker, hand sewing needles
I’ve had a sneak preview of the lotus bowl. Very cute!
You should also be aware that the ACT Playgroup Association is holding the annual World’s Biggest Playgroup in the space outside the hall at Cook, from 10am until 1pm. Parking could be a problem for members attending the above meeting or the drop-in that follows until 4pm.