February 18, 2017 | Posted in:Japanese
The next meeting of the Small Japanese Projects group is on Wednesday 22 February, 10am – 12 noon, in the CQ room. It is followed by a drop-in for members until 4pm.
Starts with a chat and then moves onto show and tell of any Japanese inspired items you have and hopefully all of the completed Biscornu pin cushions started (and some finished) at the January meeting.
Yvonne will be leading a mini tutorial on the Ready Threaded Needle Case (images below).
As well as your hand sewing supplies and equipment, you will need to bring the following:
- 1 piece of cotton fabric 7”x 3”
- 1 felt fabric 7”x 3”
- 2 cotton fabric circles 2 ¾” diameter
- 2 firm cardboard circles 1 ½” diameter
- 1 piece contrasting (satin) ribbon 3/8” wide (approx) (doesn’t have to be satin) 3 ½” long
- 1 small (scrap) piece of very narrow ribbon or fine cording 3mm w x 1 ½” long (same colour as ribbon above) (this is for button loop)
- 2 approx ¾” flat buttons with 2 or 4 holes. I try to use the same colour as the ribbons.
- 1 tiny button about 3/8” wide.