June 24, 2014 | Posted in:Workshops
Message from Jakki:
The Sharing Session on Bindings is on this Saturday, 28th June, 9:30am – 12:30pm
On the day, the programme will include:
- Methods for machine binding
- Tips for mitred corners
- Finishing the binding strip-
- Bindings my way – Beth Miller
- Facing a quilt
- False binding for small projects. Very tricksy and useful!
- tips from judges and valuers.
- your tips and methods for binding
This is a sharing session- Whatever tips turn up will get a spotlight in the programme.
A bit like blackboard specials, so please bring tips and questions to share.
- sewing machine, usual sewing supplies.
- ruler cutter and mat if you don’t want to use the ones at Cook.
- Samples to bind: eg. quarter of a quilted fat quarter or “sandwiched” orphan blocks
- contrast fabric for cutting into binding strips
$5 Pay on the day.
Morning tea and some notes provided.