The aim of the Creative Clothing group is to encourage members to apply the techniques they have developed in quilt making to creatively design clothing and accessories. The group meets on the second Thursday of the month from 10am – 4pm.
The objectives cover:
- Suggesting ideas and projects that are applicable to creative clothing
- Sharing skills, knowledge and experience
- Undertaking group and exhibition challenges.
Currently the Creative Clothing categories in the Annual Exhibition are:
- Classic: clothing that is classic in design and incorporates at least piecing or quilting.
- Art to Wear: clothing that experiments with design, based on an original or commercial pattern, and explores textile art techniques and materials. At least two techniques are to be incorporated.
- Accessories: accessories that incorporate fabric as the main element of construction. At least two techniques are to be incorporated.
- Challenge: a piece of clothing or an accessory that meets the current year’s challenge theme.