Once again Canberra Quilters are hosting a Biggest Quilting Bee Morning Tea. All proceeds go to cancer research, through the ACT Cancer Society.
It is on Sunday 4 May, from 10am until 2pm in the Cook Community Hub Hall.
- MONSTER RAFFLE (lots of prizes, not monsters!), plus quilt raffle and lucky door prizes
- Donate a bra for the Uplift program in the Solomon Islands. Bring your good condition unwanted bras for collection and donation to this program.
- Sewing challenge, laughter and table games
- $5.00 entry (tax deductable donation)
- And best of all…morning tea – please bring a plate of something nice to share for morning tea, lunch…
We are having a cake competition again, which will be judged by 2 or 3 independent foodies. Bribery by $$ permitted, but not guaranteed.
Donations to the raffle prizes are most welcome and must be in as new condition. Prior to the day leave them in the blue tub marked BMT, Cook store room or deliver to Kay Provins.
Any used/older donations will be put on a white elephant table where you will be able to purchase a great deal. If you have something to donate to the white elephant stall, bring it along on the day. Left overs will be donated to charity.
Here are some images from the 2013 Biggest Morning Tea, which had a racing theme: