September 18, 2018 | Posted in:Call for Entries
A regional sister quilt organization is holding its annual festival – Braidwood Quilt Event 24 & 25 November 2018
There is a call for entries in various categories:
They are offering multiple opportunities for you to be a part of this Event:
- You can display your work in the famous Airing of the Quilts and have a chance to WIN the Viewers’ Choice Prize of $100
- You can display and sell your quilts and crafts and materials at the Braidwood Boutique Quilts & Crafts Market at St Bede’s School Hall
- You can enter the ‘Indoor Exhibition and Competition” and the opportunity to win category prizes
All information and downloads are on the Braidwood Quilters website.
Airing of the Quilts Outdoor Exhibition:
Closing date 14 November 2018
- Read the Terms and Conditions for Entry – the page includes links to complete the registration online and to download the Form/label for posting/delivering or sending your work
- Register your Entry online – there is no limit to the number of quilts you can enter and there is no entry fee; once you register, you will get the mailing labels as well
- Book a stall space at the Boutique Quilts and Crafts Markets at St Bede’s School Hall – reserve online or download the booking form to book – $20 to set up a stall, no commissions on sales
Indoor Exhibition and Competition:
The organisers of the Indoor Exhibition & Competition look forward to housing a collection of elegant, colourful, exciting and competitive quilts, to complement the well-loved outdoor main street ‘Airing of the Quilts’.
Prizes – Indoor Competition
Outright – The ‘Jill McLeod Memorial Award – for Excellence in Quiltmaking.’ Prize $200
Category 1 $300 for First Prize
Categories 2 to 6 $100 for First Prize (each category)
Category 7 – Children Under 15 – First Prize $50, Second Prize $30, Third Prize $20; each Category 7 entrant will receive an encouragement certificate and gift
Viewer’s Choice $100
Braidwood Quilt Shop Challenge
The Braidwood Quilt Shop will award goods to the value of $200 between the first three winners.