May 1, 2014 | Posted in:CQ Events
Don’t forget the Canberra Quilters’ Biggest Quilting Bee Morning Tea is this Sunday, 4 May from 10 am until 2pm, in the Cook Community Hub Hall. All proceeds go to cancer research, through the ACT Cancer Society.
- MONSTER RAFFLE (lots of prizes, not monsters!), plus quilt raffle and lucky door prizes
- Donate a bra for the Uplift program in the Solomon Islands. Bring your good condition unwanted bras for collection and donation to this program.
- Sewing challenge, laughter and table games
- $5.00 entry (tax deductable donation)
- And best of all…morning tea – please bring a plate of something nice to share for morning tea, lunch…
We are having a cake competition again, which will be judged by 2 or 3 independent foodies. Bribery by $$ permitted, but not guaranteed.
Any used/older donations will be put on a white elephant table where you will be able to purchase a great deal. If you have something to donate to the white elephant stall, bring it along on the day. Left overs will be donated to charity.